CROSSING INTO CANADA
The Custom officers at Fraser have been so supportive and want to make the process of getting teams through the Canadian border as smooth and quick as possible.
There will be a runners chute set up to process Leg 3 runners outside the customs building. All others must stay in their vehicle including leg 4 runners and all support people.
If you do not follow the steps below, you and your team will be held up at the border.
1) Download the ArriveCAN app and create an account TODAY (it takes a bit of time). You will get an email confirmation that you created an account.
2) Within 72 hours of your start time log back into your ArriveCAN app and submit your MANDATORY travel information. You will receive by email the required receipt number. Take a screenshot of that receipt # and have it and a valid passport with you when you cross the border. THERE IS NO WIFI/CELL FROM SKAGWAY to CANADA BORDER.
3) ***IMPORTANT *** LEG 3 RUNNERS: you will ALSO need to CALL THE CANADIAN CUSTOMS OFFICE ( FRASER) WITHIN 72 HOURS OF YOUR START TIME. (867) 821-411
You will tell them your name and your ArriveCAN receipt number that you received by email. Customs officials will process your ArriveCAN receipt number ahead of time so when you present your passport at the border, they will quickly be able to process you.
IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS STEP YOU WILL HAVE TO GO INSIDE THE FRASER CUSTOM BUILDING and YOUR TEAM WILL BE DELAYED.
All leg three runners' names will be sent to Canada Customs on Tuesday September 6th at 12 noon.
You may call in your receipt number to (867) 821-4111 starting
Wednesday September 7 from 8am-12 midnight (Yukon Standard Time) - RECOMMENDED DAY TO CALL
Thursday September 8 from 8am-12 midnight (Yukon Standard Time),
Friday September 9 from 8am-12 midnight (Yukon Standard Time
The organizers of the Klondike Road Relay are recommending vehicles depart the Leg 3 checkpoint and proceed to customs as promptly as you can. The Leg 3 runner must be prepared to self-sufficiently cross the border.
NOTE: if you drive past Fraser Customs on route to leg 3 you WILL be considered to have left Canada. All persons coming back into Canada must have an ArriveCAN receipt and passport to cross the Canadian border. Even if you only go from Whitehorse to the start of leg three and technically you have not left Canada you WILL need a ArriveCAN receipt number.
Please note there is no longer testing requirements to enter Canada as this video states.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE DRIVING FROM ANCHORAGE/FAIRBANKS AREAS (or flying to Canada)
You will need to submit ArriveCan twice and get 2 receipts!
1) to enter at Beaver Creek /Canadian Airport
2) if you go to the start in Skagway you will need a second submission/receipt for you to enter into Canada again at Fraser.
To speed up the border process for everyone please
-have all passports for passengers given to the driver.
-have all back windows rolled down.
-know your license plate number.
-have your ArriveCAN receipt number pulled up on your phone or printed so if there are any questions you can quickly provide it.
The Klondike Road Relay takes place on the open highways. To ensure the safety of over 2000 runners, support persons, and checkpoint volunteers, we take SAFETY seriously.
2022 Safety Changes
LED lit vest or headlamp and taillamp for anyone running or walking during the hours of 8:30 pm - 7:00 am (YST)
NO ear buds
Support vehicles cannot shadow rider; pull ahead to safe pull out and get out of vehicle to cheer, then leapfrog up the highway
Support team members who are out of their vehicle must wear something that has high vis reflective on it
See all safety rules in our 2022 race guide
Please watch the latest safety video provided by Mike Kremer